1) Training is going well in terms of endurance. I will need to step up my minute per mile to make my goal of below 3:10:59.
2) If I reached a qualifying time at the Surf City USA Marathon, I would not be able to do Boston because it sold out in under 8 hours this year. With a qualifying time, I want to sign up for 2012 Boston Marathon. Let’s just hope they do not require better qualifying times for next year’s event…
3) I will be doing up for a 24-hour Ragnar Relay-Southern California. Basically for 24 hours straight you split up 192.3 miles between 12 people. The race starts in Huntington Beach and ends in Coronado(San Diego)….should be quite the experience….
In hindsight, it actually worked fine that the Boston Marathon sold out. The Boston Marathon is April 18, so the timing would not work out for the relay.
By reading the above mentioned words, one might ask, “Does he do anything else besides run?”. Here is the rest……..
1) Although not happening so quickly, my job search is primary thing going on with me. I’m putting in the work each day, staying optimistic, and eventually things will work out.
2) I am starting a very small side business selling balancing wine holders. Sales begin at the beginning of December and they make great personal, holiday or business gifts at a reasonable price.(Also makes a really good piece to display a wine at a restaurant or small wine shop)
3) Continuing my mandarin twice a week. I did not want to forget everything I learned, and I know it’s worth the time to keep at it. It’s a good thing my teacher is a stickler for tones because I have some bad habits ingrained in my pronunciation and it takes a lot of work to change it.
4) The weather is beyond amazing and one of the reasons why I am able to do all these running things. Although home is definitely not as happening as Shanghai, there are more than enough things going on here to keep me busy.
1) I’ve been given confirmation by various sources. After 10 months, the Bryan Special has taken down from menu at Sarnies. Not going to lie, but I wish it stayed up longer. It had a good run, but who knows it might be possible to order it by special order.
Enjoy this sandwich related Curb Your Enthusiasm clip
2)There is a Xinjiang Restaurant in Los Angeles called Omar. This is the first restaurant of its kind to my knowledge in Southern California, and I will be trying it out this Saturday.
3)Oregon Football is #1. It’s almost hard for me to fathom the current situation. Although I am a USC alum, I have been a lifelong Oregon fan , so I am beyond excited to see their success this season. While I cannot get too excited and need to take each game at a time, there is no doubting the Oregon Football is a far cry away from the days of people being satisfied with a Las Vegas Bowl victory over Air Force(Yes, I did attend the 1997 Las Vegas Bowl(Oregon 41 Air Force 13) and it was my first time in Vegas.)